Happy Memorial Day Weekend dear friends (I hope you don’t mind that I consider you all friends). This week was exhausting. Everything I was so proud of last week fell off the tracks this week. I’m not going to lie, I sacrified everything so I could prepare some posts for the weekend. Usually, I write blogs out the day of or the night before, but there is no way that can happen this weekend. I know my weekend posts are a bit different from other posts I write, but I hope you enjoy them anyway. I can wait to return to the internet and answer all your comments!
On with the week!
- Song I’m obsessed with this week
- Did I ever advance in adulthood this week. I live on a bottom floor apartment. Problems which have plagued my apartment (largely due to being at ground level and below other units) have including sink backups, leaking ceilings and spiders. Sunday morning (aka, not long after midnight) I discovered another misfortune in the form of a small creature scurrying across my floor. You can bet I did the stereotypical scream while jumping onto furniture. I was pretty petrified that night, but then I realized this was rather normal. This kind of thing happens no matter how clean you try to keep your home.
- I think I may actually like cleaning. It’s pretty annoying to do, but it’s lovely to look at your home when everything has been put away. Somewhere, my father just fainted from his surprise that I finally understand.
- There was one more misfortune this week. The company I worked for is going in a different direction. That’s right, worked. Getting laid off is just another part of being an adult, I guess. I’m trying to stay positive and think of this as an opportunity to pursue other dreams. On that note, if you know anyone looking for a writer, content creator, journalist, etc. let me know!
- I got my refund check in the mail for my FitBit Flex! For now, I’m just going to cash it, but I’m very curious to see what FitBit comes out with next.
- Speaking off fitness, that also fell through the cracks this week. Everything crashed to the ground because I was so very busy with other things. Life is crazy, man.
- On the up side, I registered for a 5K in August. So, that’s going to suck….
- Nothing much happened this week in terms of writing, which means I won’t be choosing the real reward I want to choose for myself next month. The only way that will change is if I manage to write enough to make up for this week before the end of the month. Chances of that are slim. There’s just no time. Real life gets in the way of all my creative pursuits! Why do I need a job again (oh yeah, bills…. )
Maybe I didn’t get much writing or fitness done this week, but I kept my blog alive. Isn’t that what’s most important? I say that sarcastically, but who am I kidding. ChapterTK is just that important to me. Have a great holiday weekend everyone!