This week was extremely productive. I have some good news to share, which resulted in a spending spree later in the week. Additionally, I’m going to try and stop complaining about the speed of life. Clearly it just never slows down. Are the scientists sure the Earth doesn’t spin a little faster each day?
- I’m sorry if I’ve sucked at replying to comments this week. I hope to get back into the swing of things next week, but I’m not making any promises. It’s seriously a miracle that I manage to write a post every day.
- The news of the week is that I got a job offer on Monday. Of all the places I’ve interviewed at, it was the one I really wanted. My hire equals and pretty substantial raise for me as well. I start this coming Monday and am extremely excited.
- My new job requires business attire every day (as opposed to the jeans and t-shirts I was used to wearing at my old job). Since I’m pretty sure it would look odd for me to wear my one suit every single say, I dropped a ton of money at Express and H&M buying outfits. I now have enough to wear for a week. That cost enough money. I’ll just have to build my professional wardrobe from here on out.
- I’m a little nervous about my new job. Along with my excitement (because it’s the one I really wanted) I have a slight fear of inadequacy. I hope I live up to their expectations.
- Isn’t it funny how sizes change from store to store. Here’s some information that will make you hate me every time I dare complain about having a ‘fat day.’ I tend to be a size two most places I go. There’s a handful of stores, like Old Navy, where I’m sometimes a 0. Shopping at H&M is a humbling experience. I’m still as small as small can be in shirt sizes, but I’m a size four in H&M dresses and probably a size six in their pants (I didn’t actually try a size six, but the two and four I tried on felt very tight).
- My opinion on my body shaped wasn’t helped by the fact I am currently in the middle of that time of the month where I feel fatter than I actually am. I know some women gets cramps or headaches. Me? I just get this crippling depression and low self esteem thing for a week. WTF hormones?
- Anyone want to trade their cramps for my depression?
Looks like this weekend is going to grant us some nice whether. I know you’re going to want to finish binge watching season 2 of Orange is the New Black, but I highly recommend you enjoy the whether while it’s here (or maybe just roll your TV outside. We can do that now, right?).
Have a great weekend friends!