I started my new job this week, which catapulted an already busy life into overdrive. In fact, I even thought about removing two days from my blogging schedule. There are so many things that go into a blog, from social media to reading other blogs. It probably comes to no surprise that I was behind on all this for most of the week as it took me forever to answer a lot of the comments I had. Clearly I need to prioritize.
- I’m sure every blogger has their priorities. My new job makes this especially important because they aren’t as laid back as my last position. In order to decided what I wanted to do with this blog for the future, I had to define what was important to me. I started this blog six months ago as a way to exercise my writing skills. This effort has proved crazy successful, so much so that I felt at a loss on Tuesday and Thursday this week. Those short breaks convinced me that writing – and writing every day – must be my top priority.
- Maybe that’s wrong of me. Maybe I’d do better if I prioritized answering comments or promoting my blog on social media. At the end of the day, I’m sure my blog would grow faster that way. The fact remains, however, that the point of this blog is for me to write. My daily writings, even these laid back ones over the weekend, have become part of my identity. As such, my list of blog priorities are as follows: 1)Blogging every day 2) Replying to comments 3)Reading blogs I follow 4) social media.
- Most days, I think I’ll be lucky to get to three, but I promise to try my damnedest. In the meantime, I’ll do my best to keep writing and, even if it takes me a little longer than usual to answer comments, I hope you guys keep coming. I appreciate every comment and hope realizing my list of priorities will help me give the most important parts of my blog – the content and you dear readers – the attention you all deserve.
- Remember that new job that I got? It’s the most fantastic thing in the world and I can’t wait to get more involved. It’s one of those jobs that seems so perfect in all the right places. Not only does the job excite me, but I feel like it will be a great learning experience. There are things which I know about, things where I understand how they’re supposed to work, but I’ve never been given the chance to really learn any of it. I feel like I’m on the same page with these guys. They understand where my skills are and are more than happy to throw a couple things at me that I may not have much familiarity with while understanding I may stumble as I learn.
- I am so lucky to have this job, but it’s the job I need. It’s the job I’m meant to be in right now.
- In other news, I searched all over the internet trying to figure out how on earth I tell the government that I’m employed and no longer need unemployment. There’s NO information on the governments websites about this. I think it was ehow that told me I just stop certifying. After two or three cycles go by where I don’t submit the jobs I applied to for certification, they assume I’ve gotten a new job and that’s that. Is that really how it works?
- WHY would the government not answer such an obvious question in their FAQ?
- All she-hulk activities have been on hold since I was laid off. I’ve only just gotten back into the swing of eating a little healthier. I really need to start doing something physical again, now. There is no gym membership anymore since I cut that off when I got laid off (although I still need to do something with that). What I really need to do is get back to rock climbing.
So, that was this crazy thing I call life this week. Everything is running on high and I’m doing great. I’d say I’m better now than I ever was on my last job, but I’m not 100% that’s true. I know I throw a lot of personal stuff on this blog, but there is a stressor in my life right now which I don’t want to share… at least not yet. Maybe once it’s all over. Maybe this is the Universe’s way of balancing out my luck. You can’t have it all after all. Nonetheless, I’ll be doing all I can to stay positive. I mean, life is looking up in all other aspects of life. What’s one blemish?
Have a great weekend, friends!