I told you I wasn’t going to disappear from the blogosphere and that was true. I’m not quite up to snuff, yet and there are still boxes scattered about my apartment, but I am committed to my return. I’ll be posting at least once, if not more, each week for the foreseeable future. A lot has happened since I’ve been away and my brain is bursting with blog ideas. Here is just a sample of what has been on my mind this past month.
Living With my Boyfriend
This was the big change last month. It was exciting and scary, but we’re making it work. I had a fever for the four days following our move and we haven’t had a free weekend since. This past weekend, my boyfriend and I spent Easter with my family, where he promptly broke his foot. We’ve learned real quick how to take care of each other, but haven’t been so quick on learning how to keep a clean home.
- How to go from completely independent living to living and compromising with someone else.
- How my parents’ reaction was exactly what I expected and nothing like I expected.
- How I hate thinking “at least I’m not a lesbian” when my father reacts the way he does and why.
- How some people are religious in the sense they truly love everyone and some are religious to keep up their image.
Epic Battles with the Nemesis
I’m not sure if I mentioned this before, but I have a nemesis. I’m not planning on saying anything about who this person is and how I encounter them, but they exist. They are the Thor to my Loki, the Goku to my Vegeta. With their existence, I am one bad chemical accident away from gaining super powers and becoming a super villain!
- The imperfection of perfection. Perfection is impossible if only because achieving perfection would make one imperfect.
- How daily interactions with people can form your opinion of humanity, or a segment of humanity, even though those interactions represent a small percentage of the human race.
- Why we must do all we can to avoid hate, even towards the worst people, because hate destroys us.
In The News
There have been a lot of events in the news and, as always, I have an opinions. Planes have crashed, people have died and stupid laws have been passed. Here are some thoughts I’ve had as I listened to NPR and read Jezebel for the past month.
- A grandmother grotesquely murdered her infant grandchild when it wouldn’t stop crying. What motivates people to commit such horrendous acts?
- I find I actually agree with many Republican ideas about the economy. Sometimes, I am almost swayed, then they try to control my personal life and I see the light.
I have many additional ideas and I am starting to fear my head will pop off if I don’t release some of them. I have to write and I have to share my thoughts on this blog. There is a lot coming to ChapterTK, so be sure to come back every week. It’s time to bring back the discussions and start questioning the good, bad and odd in our society.
P.S. This isn’t super important, but I thought I’d let you know that today is my birthday. I’m officially a quarter of a century old! Yay!
Photo Copyright: jorgophotography / 123RF Stock Photo